Thursday, September 15, 2011

And so, we had a baby.

I just re-read my last post and remembered very clearly how scared I was on that Saturday. I remember the tears, and how I held Jilli (my yorkie for those of you who don't know who she is) so very tight as I set her down outside for what was our last "Jilli and Mama" moment before the baby took over my heart. I remembered how I asked Corey to stop and buy me and ice cream cone trying to stall the arrival at the hospital. He did, it was vanilla. It was good. But we still had to go the hospital anyway.

Today I cry not from fear of the unknown, but because my heart is so full that it can not contain all that I feel for this miracle that Corey and I created. I am a mama. I write this blog to share, because I am a big mouth and think all who can read should know what goes on in my life, but also because I want to remember things. I want to always remember being told I was at 10 centimeters and the look on the nurses face, because I wasn't supposed to be in labor yet, let alone, have dilated that fast. I want to remember the sound of Josie's voice when I called to tell her Emery was coming, and to hurry. Her hair was wet, "don't wait for me, but I am coming" she said. She made it, with wet hair. She hurried, because she loves me. I want to remember the fear I felt sitting there, afraid to push because the crazy lady in the hall way was screaming bloody murder. "Is that was labor is going to feel like???" (It didn't, that lady was nuts, and didn't have an epidural, HA!) I want to remember how the two hands felt gripping mine, and how I knew to squeeze harder on the right (Corey's hand) because I didn't want to break Josie's fingers. I want to remember her leaving my body and entering this world, and how it felt like she took all that I had inside of me with her. She took all my hopes and prayers for her the moment she was born. They slid right out with her amazing little body.

I will never forget the look on Corey's face the moment he became a daddy, or the moment my Mom became a Grandma. They truly were the most amazing moments of my life. Nothing has ever compared to how amazing that day was. It was blissful. Time stood still around our room that day. The day, we became a family.


And now, to share some pictures of our journey to parenthood.



Welcome to the world!

The moment I became a mama

Proud Papa
The Miller Family

Swingin'
Emery Rose

1 comment:

  1. Aww lady... I cried just reading this!!! Your amazing... and one truly amazing mother. Little Emery is very lucky to have you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts