Monday, June 4, 2012

Millerville

I have been a terrible blogger. While I am not really sure who reads my humble mess of words, I like to imagine that many are waited with baited breath for me to type something entertaining. I wouldn't quite call my life an entertaining one. It could be deemed mediocre at best. However, I am amazed by it every day. I am baffled, I am thrilled, I am humbled and most of all I am blessed. I am truly and blissfully blessed every time these sweet little arms reach up to me (Em learning how to reach for me has taken my heart to a whole new flutter by the way)

photo courtesy of my sweet friend Ashley Scott with Photography by Ashley Mae

For those of you who didn't know, I was a major klutz about five weeks ago and proceeded to break my elbow. While I sat on the ground in the garage and felt sorry for myself thoughts began to flow through my brain like, " seriously, why does this stuff always happen to you/us" and "are you freaking kidding me" and the best yet "now what the heck are you going to do with Emery". I sat there and truly had a pity party.

 I knew it was broken. I could tell. Once you break a bone, you always know what it feels like. I knew I was going to have pick my uncoordinated self up and slink down the hallway to inform my sleeping husband that a midnight trip to the ER was in order. Thankfully my mom was home and she was able to chauffeur her clumsy daughter to the hospital... After a week of casts, slings, sleepless night, gnarly pain, and two separate pain med prescriptions that promptly made me heave my stomach into oblivion I was still having a major pity party. I was angry, and I was so very frustrated. Things have started healing thankfully, and my friends and family once again rallied around me and helped us get through yet another trying time in the Miller house. I am humbled so very much by how many wonderful people we surround ourselves with.

This would be the typical place where if I was a good blogger I would insert a picture of me and my broken wing, but I don't want to scare you all with a photo of my disgusting self. Truly, I was a sight to be seen the third day in. Cast, sling, bile in my hair. Really classy...

The one good thing that came out of breaking my wing (elbow, but wing really does sound waaaay cooler) was that I was had to take some time off to heal, thus getting to spend three weeks with my Wee. She is growing so much that it was almost like this working Mama had to get used to her again, and her to me. She has blown me away with how much she has changed, and all the things she learns so quickly. I never thought that watching a baby learn how to do Patty Cake would thrill me like it does.


She still is working on growing some hair, and her eyes are becoming the most fabulous shade of green. No teeth yet either, but oh well, who needs em'. She is what makes my world go round. I drive by fancier cars every day, and my mind still goes back to paying off the one I have so I can be home with her. I want a bigger house every time something falls out of a packed closet, and once again my mind goes back to living in the one we have, so I can someday stay home at least part time with her.
She gives me a run for my money everyday, but she makes me melt everyday too.

photo courtesy of my sweet friend Ashley Scott with Photography by Ashley Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts