Sunday, February 22, 2015

All is not lost

Pen to paper. Words to the cursor. Pressing send, and clicking publish. Why is that so hard? Too much work? Too much effort? It shouldn't be, but it is. Publishing a post without a photo, isn't the end of the world. Yet, I still use that as an excuse. "Oh shoot, I have no photo's of what I was going to write about, better not post anything then". That ends. Now.

So here I sit, adding words to my cursor.

This weekend was a whirlwind. While it was a "normal" weekend that began on a Friday evening, and ended on a Sunday evening. It feels like it was soooo looooonng. A lot of activity was packed in to 48 hours. Friday night started with a barrel race in Monroe that went late (for this old lady, 11:00pm). Saturday morning was up and at em' as my friend Alexis' sweet springer spaniel Annie went missing from the back of her truck somewhere between the barrel race at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds and our house in 7 Lakes. #heartbroken.

We spent the day trying with no luck to find her... Social media posts, calling area vet offices, the Snohomish County Sherriff, WSP, Animal Control, Everett Animal Shelter. Nothing. As Alexis said, Annie is Gone With The Wind. Saturday night was the second late night of barrel racing, followed by a late night of Mcdonalds drive thru's and $30 worth of cheese burgers for our carload of people.

Today was spent hanging up Missing Posters (#comehomeannie) between home and Monroe. Squirrel moment: While in Office Depot this morning gathering poster supplies, the Michael Jackson Song "Smooth Criminal" was playing. For those that live under a rock --  the chorus is "Annie are you ok?" A sign? I think so. Moving on...Then we hauled horses home from the barrel race in Monroe, picked up fence panels and balanced them on a tractor bucket so they could be strapped to the roofs of a horse trailer and hauled home to my house. Oh ya, we now have a horse at our house to join our 2.5 dogs, 2 cats and 4 chickens. Does that mean I now have a farm?

It's 5:10pm and I am exhausted. I am always exhausted when Alexis comes home. She never. stops. moving. So I feel like I have to try and keep up with her crazy. I am too old for this. #justwaituntilItaly My house is now a wreck, and I have frozen steaks on the counter to try and appear like I had a plan for dinner, when really I am typing this instead of picking up my house (so I can sit down for a bit) and randomly opened the freezer and threw the first thing my eye landed on, on the counter.

Another squirrel moment: My FitBit should count my hefting fence panels as activity minutes... alas, it did not.

I am signing off to go make something of the frozen steaks on my counter and to rotate a load of laundry thru. #productive

I really should avoid hashtags in a blog post, but honestly I find them highly entertaining...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts