Sunday, September 26, 2010

I believe in Emily Post

I am an old fashioned woman. I love having my chair pulled out, and my doors opened. I enjoying having my honey pay the bill from his wallet with a debit card that is identical to the one in my wallet. I think you should send thank you notes, and remember birthdays. I think that you should never include wedding registry information on your wedding invitation, and that you should say '"Bless You" when someone sneezes. I think that even if you don't like someone you should be polite. I think that you should respect your elders, not because of what they have done, but yes that too, but because they are your elders. I also think you are not born with manners, you are taught them. I also think you should teach manners by example. There for, I say "excuse me" when I sneeze, and "please pass the salt", rather than "pass me the salt".

I believe in "Pleases" and "Thank Yous".

So, Thank you  Emily Post.

Emily Post's Etiquette, 17th Edition (Thumb Indexed)
Find this lovely read at Amazon.com
Oh, and because I believe in good manners. I hope I haven't offended anyone. If I have, then I am sorry.

Apologizing is a good manner too. Just for the record.
Today I am thankful for: My husband. I love him. Some days more than others, but always everyday. He is strong, and caring. Funny and entertaining. Handsome and most of all, he chose Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts