Friday, January 20, 2012

Dear Emery,

Hello Sweet Girl,

You have discovered  how to reach for things when you want them, and how to hold onto things when you like them. For instance, my hair, my nose, my necklace, Daddy's beard... You also use your little, soft hands to trace the contours of my face. It makes me melt. You lay there so calm and peaceful (which is soooo very unlike you) and run your fingertips over my eyelashes, and my lips. I imagine that you are making memories of what I look like so you will always remember your mama. Just when I thought my heart couldn't get any fuller, you do something amazing. Like when you fall asleep snuggled into me, you reach up and place your hand gently on my cheek, and leave it there. How I love you sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts